Approximately 6000 students register with us each year and letting your property is not a problem.
We offer a full management service or can simply find you tenants and organise all relevant administration. Our rates are the most competitive in Bristol. Our location, just off Whiteladies Road, ensures that hundreds of students walk past our office every day.
We have an excellent reputation in Bristol both with landlords and students. We treat the students well and in return they tend to look after your property better. Students appreciate our rapid response to maintenance problems and emergencies. We have built up a group of maintenance men over the years who now offer us a loyal and competitively priced service.
At present we offer three types of management service, but are able to alter these to suit your requirements:
- Free Letting Service: If you wish for Anthony James & Co to find tenants but do not require any further administration, there is no charge.
- Normal Letting Service: If you would like us to find tenants and organise the signing of the tenancy agreement, parental guarantor form and the collection of post-dated cheques, the charge is 15% of one month's rent + vat. Finding tenants is free. Accompanied viewings 35% + vat.
- Full Management: If you require us to manage your property as well as carry out the normal letting service, we charge the above 15% for the administration listed, plus 10% of rent for the management. Finding tenants is free.
Full Management Service:
- Visit your property and advise on rent
- Advise and help with furnishing and refurbishing
- Advise on regulations applicable to the property and arrange compliance
- Advertise your property on our current website and erect a board
- Arrange all viewings
- Prepare the Tenancy Agreement and sign it on your behalf
- Collect the signed Parental Guarantor forms
- Collect monthly or quarterly post-dated cheques from your tenants
- Prepare the inventory and check it at the Final Inspection
- Prepare a statement of rent collected each month or quarter from which costs are deducted
- Transfer funds to your account
- Pursue all arrears up to issue of summons
- Inspect the property during the course of the year and at the final inspection
- Make suggestions for improvements
- Arrange for all repairs and improvements to be carried out
- Respond to all emergencies at the property